Any of the following satisfies eligibility requirements for burial in the Davis Cemetery:
- decedent is a resident or taxpayer of the District
- decedent owns burial rights in the cemetery*
- decedent is a family member of a District resident or taxpayer*
- decedent is a family member of a person already buried in the Davis Cemetery*
- decedent is a family member of a former resident or taxpayer of the District who owns burial rights in the District
- decendent was a resident or taxpayer of the District whose residency was established for 5 consecutive years, some of which was within 10 years of death of applicant*
* a non-resident fee MAY be assessed
Our Tier 1 District boundaries include Davis but do not exactly coincide with city boundaries. Tier 1 boundaries includes El Macero and certain outlying areas. Tier 1 residents support the District with a small portion of their property taxes.
Our new Tier 2 boundaries extend east and south from our Tier 1 boundaries to the Yolo County line, thus including the towns of West Sacramento and Clarksburg. Since Tier 2 residents do not contribute property taxes to the District, there is an additional $250 Tier 2 charge above our Tier 1 rates. Any Tier 2 resident meets the residency requirements for District burial.
If you have any questions, please call us and we will help you to determine eligibility. Thank you.