[1st-mile-nm] Arizona Telecom Policy Summit May 17

Richard Lowenberg rl at radlab.com
Thu May 10 20:10:15 PDT 2007

Our neighboring state of Arizona will be hosting a one day Telecom Policy
Summit, next Thursday.   It follows a series of briefing sessions that
have been held over the past month.   The program looks quite interesting,
and will address some of the issues that we ought to be considering in NM.

If any of you are interested in attending, please contact me directly.
I'm seriously considering driving over to attend.

www.tucsonlink.org/Summit07

Arizona Telecom Policy Summit 2007
Advanced Telecom and Broadband Deployment in Arizona
May 17, 2007 and Four Pre-Summit Online Briefing Sessions
Mesa Convention Center
www.tucsonlink.org/Summit07

*Policy Makers*

   - Federal, state, local, and tribal elected officials
   - Policy advisors and CIOs
   - Telecom service provider executives
   - Other key stakeholder organizations

Decision makers from around the state are encouraged to participate in
these deliberations to help formulate policies and strategies to insure that
all Rural, Tribal and underserved Arizona communities and regions have access
to Broadband Internet and Advanced Telecommunications services that will
support economic development, education, government and health services,
public safety, libraries, homeland security and more.

Events include:

   - Welcome- Jan Lesher, Director, Arizona Department of Commerce and
   Chris Cummiskey, Director,
   Government Information Technology Agency
   - Keynote Presentation featuring Joe Shirley, President of the Navajo
   Nation
   - Community Best Practices - Mayor Michael Hing, Town of Superior
   Arizona
   - Strategy and Policy Development Workshops
   - Telecom/Technology Expo
   - Arizona Technology Council After5 *FREE PUBLIC Reception*, Tech
   Showcase and Networking
   - Four Online Pre-Summit Briefing Sessions (May 10 - last in a series.
   If you missed these session they  are available online)

*Information and Registration*
*www.tucsonlink.org/Summit07* <http://www.tucsonlink.org/Summit07> or
520-321-1309, stevepeters at tucsonlink.org.

*Presented By*:

   - Arizona Telecommunications and Information Council (ATIC)
   - Communications Infrastructure Advisory Committee (CIAC) of the
   Governor's Council on Innovation and Technology (GCIT) in cooperation with
   other important business, government and state organizations

*Sponsors*

   - Strategic Technology Communications www.stc-az.com/
   -  AT&T www.att.com/,
   - WI-VOD www.wi-vod.com/;
   - Qwest www.qwest.com;
   - OnSat www.nnden.org/Arizona;
   - Salt River Project Telecom www.srpnet.com/telecom/,
   - State Libraries, Archives and Public Records; Telespectra; Conterra
   Ultra Broadband; Cox Communications; iLinc Communications; more to come.