[1st-mile-nm] Fwd: GigaLaw.com Daily News, October 15, 2007

Richard Lowenberg rl at radlab.com
Mon Oct 15 16:00:47 PDT 2007

Thanks for this posting, Marianne.
	Just wanted to add the obvious comment that this is one more
action on the part of our current administration's FCC, which in league
with the big incumbent telcos, is marginalizing competition and choice,
hiding the fees being charged and raising rates to end-users.  It is the
antithesis of our goals and efforts to realize open access, competitive
broadband for all.   Though AT&T is not the incumbent provider in NM,
Qwest has a similar request pending at the FCC.   Such greedy and corrupt
actions are undermining and eroding our nation's future from within.
Richard

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007, Marianne Granoff wrote:

> FYI.  From another list.
>

> >FCC Lifts Some Limits on AT&T's Broadband Pricing
> >      The Federal Communications Commission voted to lift some regulations
> > on AT&T's broadband business. A divided FCC partially granted AT&T's
> > request to relax rules that govern what the company can charge business
> > customers and rivals for access to some of the its high-speed Internet lines.
> >      Read more:
> > http://www.reuters.com/article/internetNews/idUSN1140974620071012

Richard Lowenberg
P.O.Box 8001, Santa Fe, NM 87504