[1st-mile-nm] Colorado (Broadband) Innovation Initiative

Richard Lowenberg rl at radlab.com
Mon Dec 10 08:05:07 PST 2007

	A brief response to Andrew's posting.
Agreed.   Statewide broadband 'innovation' initiatives, such as Colorado's
or any other, should be as inclusive of interests and participation as
possible.   There are many ways to facilitate and manage such processes to
be highly effective, with results that will have broadly representing
benefits.   Such efforts are about building vital networked societies, not
just technical infrastructure.
	In looking at announcements of the CO initiative, I find that
there are 32 named 'members', representing telecom. and tech. industries,
university research, and local government and community interests.   One
of the 'members', who I've been in contact with, is Bernie Zurbriggen,
mayor of Frisco, broadband activist and member of the CO Rural Telecom.
Program, in the '90s.
	Of course they can do better.   'Community champions' are needed.
Their working process is just beginning, and I'll try to keep this list
posted on progress.
Richard