[1st-mile-nm] Terry Yates

Richard Lowenberg rl at radlab.com
Fri Dec 14 11:00:06 PST 2007

The following from Tom West, National LambdaRail President & CEO, is
reposted from one of our subscribers' lists; with a link below it, to a
UNM online press release.
rl
---------

From: Tom West <tom.west at nlr.net>
Date: December 14, 2007 10:19:36 AM PST
Subject: Sad News about Terry Yates

I am sad to report that Terry Yates, who until recently served as New
Mexico's NLR board representative, passed away this week. Terry, a
University of New Mexico administrator known for helping solve the mystery
of hantavirus, died of complications from brain cancer.  He was 57.

Earlier this year, the NLR board passed the following resolution to honor
Terry and his service to the entire research community. I wanted to take a
minute of your time to remember his contributions.

Be It Resolved, that the NLR Board extends its sincere thanks to you Terry
Yates for your dedicated service and significant contributions as a
founding board member, as the NMLR appointee between July 1, 2004 and July
27, 2007. We are appreciative of your leadership roles: as a member of the
Finance Committee serving between July 1 2004 and July 27, 2007 and as a
member of the Executive Committee between July 1, 2006 and July 27, 2007.
Most importantly, we very much appreciated your energy, enthusiasm,
insights, and thought leadership as we confronted the many opportunities
and challenges involved in developing NLR.

We will miss him.

Sincerely,
Tom West
---------