[1st-mile-nm] Exponential technological progress

Steve Ross editorsteve at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 11:02:08 PDT 2008

Just to be accurate, MIT had at least a few other computers,
including an IBM 1620 at the Sloan School, and a PDP1 in the
basement. I used both of them in the summer of 1963, a year
before I graduated high school. Ray is referring to the IBM
7090, the biggest machine in the place at the time.

All were (gasp!) transistorized.

Steven S. Ross
Editor-in-Chief
Broadband Properties