[1st-mile-nm] Fwd: Regional Broadband Infrastructure Meeting

Richard Lowenberg rl at 1st-mile.com
Fri Jun 27 07:43:10 PDT 2008

The following, which some of you may be interested in attending next Tuesday,
came without the agenda attachment.   I will include the agenda in another
email to this list, if I get can it.   rl
-----

TELECOMMUNICATION NEEDS – RIO ARRIBA, TAOS, SANTA FE, AND LOS ALAMOS COUNTIES

As you may be aware, the Regional Economic Development Initiative (REDI) is
working with community leaders and local citizens to develop and implement an
effective strategy for short and long-term needs in telecommunications
infrastructure.   Every community has special needs to upgrade their
telecommunications systems in order to meet the growth of their community.

I would like to invite you to attend a workshop at the College of Santa Fe on
Tuesday July 1st, 2008 between 9:00 am and 12:00 noon to help us develop a plan
on Telecommunication priorities.   The meeting will be held at the offices of
North Central Economic Development District.  Your attendance is critical if we
are to create a plan that includes your specific needs.   The plan will focus on
the needs of the counties of Taos, Rio Arriba, Los Alamos, and Santa Fe (and all
of the communities and Pueblos within those counties).  As with all of the work
done by REDI, the outcomes will be presented to the regional stakeholders who
have commissioned it  - our local units of government.

Please mark your calendars and see if you can rearrange your schedule and join
us for this important meeting.  In order to avoid duplication of any previous
work you have been involved in, we will first start off by reviewing existing
plans, or plans that are currently underway.   Feel free to bring copies of any
plans you have been working on, and be prepared to discuss those plans.

Attached is a copy of the agenda for our first meeting.   The agenda includes
directions to the NCNMEDD offices and a phone number in the event you have
difficulty finding the place.

Please join us.

Gustavo “Gus” Cordova
Infrastructure Team