[1st-mile-nm] Fwd: Google Fiber for Communities Initiatives

Eric Renz-Whitmore ewhitmore at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 03:48:49 PDT 2010

Hi everyone.

I mostly lurk on this list, and I think most folks here are aware of
Google's Fiber for Communities project.

But just in case, here's the info I sent to our state's "media industries"
discussion list, including sites for the communities I understand are
submitting proposals.  If you know of others -- and sites or other ways
people can get involved with them, please pass that information along.

While I'm working on one of the projects, I'm encouraging anyone who
believes broadband is importation to nominate and otherwise support all the
communities you can.  Whether we get this or not (I understand the chances
are somewhat astronomical), this is also an opportunity to show our leaders
that these issues matter, and that we get involved.

Best wishes,

Eric