[1st-mile-nm] Pew Internet report finds public likes government playing big role in information delivery online

Tom Johnson tom at jtjohnson.com
Mon May 3 23:47:27 PDT 2010

FYI folks.

-tom johnson

Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 15:18:48 -0500
From: Aaron Smith <asmith at pewinternet.org>
Subject: Pew Internet report on Government Online

Dear Bill,

I'm just writing to let you know that we here at the Pew Internet Project
released a new report today on the state of Government Online. We thought
you might be interested and wanted to bring it to your attention; you can
view/download a copy at:

http://pewinternet.org/Reports/2010/Government-Online.aspx.

This report documents how government efforts to make their data available
are resonating with the public. Surprisingly large numbers of Americans are
going online for data about government spending and activities. Our national
survey finds that many online adults are engaging with government using
tools such as blogs and social networking sites, and are participating in
the online debate around government policies and issues. It also finds that
the use of social media tools by government is especially appreciated by
groups such as African-Americans and Hispanics. Please contact me directly
if you have any questions or comments. Thank you,

Aaron W. Smith Pew Research Center's Internet & American Life Project 1615 L
St NW Suite 700, Washington DC 20036 phone:  202 419-4516 email:
asmith at pewinternet.org twitter: @aaron_w_smith

--
J. T. Johnson
Institute for Analytic Journalism -- Santa Fe, NM USA
http://www.jtjohnson.com                 tom at jtjohnson.com

"Be Your Own Publisher"
http://indiepubwest.com