[1st-mile-nm] slashdot points to an announcement of Allied Fiber's neutral longhaul network

Dale Carstensen dlc at lampinc.com
Sat May 29 15:06:37 PDT 2010

I probably should have read the gigaom article and comments before posting.
I would have added that Allied plans for a second phase to Atlanta, and
a third to Seattle, at least crossing the Mississippi.  Only the phase 1
NYC/Chicago/Ashburn for this year, 2010, though.

And I would have added that the cynical gigaom comments say that Level 3
and such would just start to sell their unused dark fiber on the same
routes at a price that will put Allied out of business.  Maybe Level 3
and such can't do the shorthaul parallel routes Allied plans without
putting themselves into bankruptcy, though (or staying there longer).

  Dale