[1st-mile-nm] Broadband op-ed in today's Albuquerque Journal

Gnarlodious gnarlodious at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 11:58:21 PDT 2010

On 7/27/10, J A Leach wrote:
> Yes, in other words, "Let all of you ignorant unwashed masses let the
> government to tell you the best way to operate everything. If you'll just
> quit resisting, we'll have everything running as efficiently and smoothly as
> the DMV and as fiscally sound as Social Security."

It may be true that I am unwashed (and in good health because of it)
but I disagree with your other allegations. I went down to the DMV a
month ago to renew my license and was out of there in 30 minutes. The
staff was polite, helpful and only made the mistake of misspelling my
name on my new license. Not too bad considering the place was packed
with Mexicans who barely spoke english.

Likewise with Social Security, which has never missed a payment and
has an extremely low administrative overhead. Think of it as a
non-profit corporation with no stockholder dividends or parachute
plan. Just a lot of boring social servants handling money the
old-fashioned way, instead of the gamblers we see now in the financial
fields.

So you might want to re-evaluate those analogies.

-- Rachel