[1st-mile-nm] Google Fiber for Communities Award announcement

Cummins, Kevin (Tom Udall) Kevin_Cummins at tomudall.senate.gov
Wed Mar 30 09:48:08 PDT 2011

And the winner is... Kansas City.

See http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2011/03/google-picks-kansas-city-for-ultra-high-speed-network/1 or the Google statement.

--Kevin

Kevin Cummins
Office of Sen. Tom Udall

From: 1st-mile-nm-bounces+kevin_cummins=tomudall.senate.gov at mailman.dcn.org [mailto:1st-mile-nm-bounces+kevin_cummins=tomudall.senate.gov at mailman.dcn.org] On Behalf Of Cummins, Kevin (Tom Udall)
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2011 11:52 AM
To: 1st-mile-nm at mailman.dcn.org
Subject: [1st-mile-nm] Google Fiber for Communities Award announcement

To all,

The Google "Fiber for Communities" award announcement will be made shortly.  (http://www.google.com/appserve/fiberrfi/)

Thanks again for everyone in the state who supported their local communities' applications.

There were some strong applications from New Mexico that I hope can find other sources of support if they are not selected.

I know Senator Udall had fun supporting Think BIG Farmington's application with an online video he did with Rep. Lujan.

There's a lot of work still to be done improving broadband infrastructure and adoption across the state, so feel free to let me know how our office can be of assistance with your efforts moving forward.

Best,

Kevin

Kevin Cummins
Office of Sen. Tom Udall