[1st-mile-nm] AT&T Says "The Telephone Network is Obsolete"

Owen Densmore owen at backspaces.net
Thu Jan 24 10:12:05 PST 2013

That's certainly good news.  Maybe we might revert to an incremental mode
where whenever upgrades to the phone system, we consider more creative
approaches than simply fixing the wire.

I'm reading Gleick's Information and its more than just Shannon's theory.
 Its a cultural history starting with talking drums, to development
of alphabets, to telegraphy .. each of which created the same buzz in their
times as bits do to ours.

A key is understanding "replacement" .. rather than "revolution".

   -- Owen