[1st-mile-nm] Why you MUST fight for fiber-optic (or fall behind) |www.smartcitiescouncil.com

Charles Frans cfrans at cybermesa.com
Wed Sep 11 14:51:38 PDT 2013

David, et al,

I co-founded a fiber-to-the-home company 10 years ago that built networks
for new community developments.  The following are some quotes that you
might find useful and are still pertinent today.

"Cities of the past were built along railroads, waterways, and interstate
highways. Cities of the future will be built along information highways -
broadband systems of communications connected to every home, office, school,
library and healthcare facility in the region, and through the World Wide
Web to millions of other institutions across the globe."

- John M. Eger, World Foundation for Smart Communities

"All of a sudden, we found that one of the most important questions for
homebuyers-right after they verified the tax rate and the school system was,
what kind of broadband access do I have?"

- Robert Lohr, town manager for Purcellville

"Fiber to the Home (FTTH) networks are a future-proof architecture."

- The International Engineering Consortium

"One development reports 50 percent of homebuyers purchased specifically due
to the technology."

- Donna Keegan, TechHome Builder Magazine

Sincerely,

Charlie

Charles Frans
Cyber Mesa