[1st-mile-nm] Fwd: Community Connect Grants

Brunner, Terry - RD, Albuquerque, NM Terry.Brunner at nm.usda.gov
Fri Oct 25 13:33:20 PDT 2013

I too am disappointed that this particular application wasn't funded.  If it helps to know, this program, Community Connects, and the Distance Learning and Telemedicine program are heavily oversubscribed.  In other words, we receive far more applications than we are able to fund.  In the case of Community Connects, I believe we had more than $100 million in requests, but were allocated approximately $20 million in funding for the program.

That doesn't make things better in Ramah, but we will continue to try our best to help that community through other sources.

Terry Brunner
State Director
USDA Rural Development-New Mexico
6200 Jefferson, NE  Room 255
Albuquerque, NM  87109
Office:  (505) 761-4950
Fax:  (505) 761-4976
Follow me on Twitter @Terrybrunner
 www.rurdev.usda.gov | "Committed to the future of rural communities"

Stay Connected with USDA:

USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.