[1st-mile-nm] FCC Chairman's Statement on Open Internet Rules

Richard Lowenberg rl at 1st-mile.org
Thu Feb 20 14:03:18 PST 2014

There is a lot of ‘broadband’ related news being reported and posted of late, especially regarding news from and about the FCC, and about the Comcast-Time Warner Cable proposed merger.     I’ll assume that those of you that are interested have or will find your own sources of information on these matters, so as to minimize the ‘churn’ on this list.

That said, I am posting here a two page .pdf of FCC Chairman Wheeler’s statement yesterday on the FCC’s Open Internet Rules.

Also here:  www.muninetworks.org/content/fcc-investigate-barriers-community-networks
is an item from Community Broadband Networks, by (1st-Mile list subscriber) Christopher Mitchell, in reponse to Wheeler’s statement, that is relevant to this list.

RL

Richard Lowenberg, Executive Director
1st-Mile Institute          www.1st-mile.org
P. O.  Box 8001, Santa Fe, NM    87504