[1st-mile-nm] National Lambda Rail shutting down

Steve Ross editorsteve at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 10:04:54 PDT 2014

Even though the new owner walked away from NLR, maybe it still has assets,
or NM could challenge the deal... or NM could move over to the I2 system.
Long shots all. But the original NLR "lease" on the fiber would under
normal circumstances run to 2026, if what I remember is correct. Certainly,
the lease document itself and the issue of who provides the managed
services (lights the fiber, mainly, and maintains it), should be known by
university (customer) IT departments.

Steve Ross
Corporate Editor, Broadband Communities Magazine (www.bbcmag.com)
201-456-5933 mobile, 781-284-8810 landline
707-WOW-SSR3 (707-969-7773) Google Voice
editorsteve (Facebook, LinkedIn)
editorsteve1 (Twitter)
steve at bbcmag.com
editorsteve at gmail.com