[1st-mile-nm] Fwd: Secession from the Broadcast

Richard Lowenberg rl at 1st-mile.org
Thu May 1 17:51:52 PDT 2014

Here is an essay by Santa Fe based media critic, author, teacher and activist, Gene Youngblood,
author of the ground-breaking 1970 book, Expanded Cinema.    Hopefully of interest to some of you.
RL

Begin forwarded message:

> From: The Build <contact at secessionfromthebroadcast.org>
> Date: May 1, 2014 12:13:39 PM MDT
> Subject: Secession from the Broadcast
>
> If you can't read this email click here
>

> The Build Newsletter
>

> MAY 2014
>

> SECESSION FROM THE BROADCAST
>
> THE INTERNET AND THE CRISIS OF SOCIAL CONTROL
>

> GENE YOUNGBLOOD
>

> IT IS SAID LIFE ISN'T MEASURED by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. I don’t have to tell you we’re living at such a moment. A truly breathtaking historical moment that may literally take our breath away. We live in futures that have come to pass, in case you haven’t noticed. Apocalypse and utopia. Apocalypse not expected so soon, utopia not expected at all.
>
> continue reading
>

> If you wish to unsubscribe from our mailing list, click here

Richard Lowenberg, Executive Director
1st-Mile Institute          www.1st-mile.org
P. O.  Box 8001, Santa Fe, NM    87504
505-603-5200                 rl at 1st-mile.org