[1st-mile-nm] The Town Without Wi-Fi | People & Politics | Washingtonian

Steve Ross editorsteve at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 12:49:51 PST 2015

Shows you the power of PR people to push stories for their own agendas.

Remember how the NYT did a front page story on the Obama stimulus program
in 2009 as it was being considered in Congress? The story zoomed in on the
broadband package, 1% of the total program, as s "cyberbridge to nowhere."
 The NYT stenographer (he called himself a reporter) said he had come up
with the phrase himself. Right. Just a few days earlier PR for a major
cable company had used the phrase on me.

Steve Ross
Editor-at-Large, Broadband Communities Magazine (www.bbcmag.com)
201-456-5933 mobile, 781-284-8810 landline
707-WOW-SSR3 (707-969-7773) Google Voice
editorsteve (Facebook, LinkedIn)
editorsteve1 (Twitter)
steve at bbcmag.com
editorsteve at gmail.com