[1st-mile-nm] Google+ Hangout: "From HAM radio to WiFi to the Future of the Net"

Richard Lowenberg rl at 1st-mile.org
Sun Jan 11 12:05:33 PST 2015

Yesterday, Daniela De Paulis, in Rotterdam, and I conducted one of our
occasional Google+ Hangouts, with interesting people in the arts and sciences.

Of relevance to this list, and of personal interest to some of you, we had
a discussion with Col. Dave Hughes, "The Cursor Cowboy", now 86, and
with Dewayne Hendricks, now in Detroit.   Pioneers of wireless networking.
Along with radio astronomer and radio amateur, Jan van Muijlwijk, they
tell a wonderful story.    Tune in to the YouTube link below..
RL

"From HAM radio to WiFi to the Future of the Net"

Streamed live on Jan 10, 2015

An Historic Conversation with Dave Hughes + Dewayne Hendricks,
hosted live from the Dwingeloo radio telescope in The Netherlands,
a well known HAM radio site, in collaboration with the CAMRAS team.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbTbzs1-uMA

Richard Lowenberg, Executive Director
1st-Mile Institute          www.1st-mile.org
P. O.  Box 8001, Santa Fe, NM    87504