[1st-mile-nm] New Comcast ABQ Facility

Richard Lowenberg rl at 1st-mile.org
Wed Dec 9 09:29:35 PST 2015

Comcast Opens New 450-seat Bilingual Customer Support Center in
Albuquerque

ComcastNM, NewsCastic
Created: 12/08/2015

As part of its ongoing commitment to provide an outstanding customer
experience, Comcast along with Governor Susana Martinez, Economic
Development Secretary Jon Barela and Mayor Richard Berry, today
celebrated the grand opening of the Albuquerque bilingual customer
support center with a ribbon cutting ceremony.

The state-of-the-art 47,000 square-foot facility that will provide
customer support for residential products and services, handling calls
primarily from Spanish-speaking customers across the country, as well as
calls in English.

The new facility will seat 450 bilingual agents. Comcast has been hiring
for the new positions and providing comprehensive training to team
members for nearly a year. With the addition of the call center, Comcast
has over 650 employees across the state and expects to have 850 by early
next year.

I’m pleased that Comcast made the business decision to invest in New
Mexico and create 450 new jobs in the process, said Governor Susana
Martinez.  Comcast’s decision to locate this facility in Albuquerque
underscores the fact that New Mexico has the talented workforce and
resources to fuel business growth. Comcast is a valued member of New
Mexico’s business community and their expanded presence in our state
will have a positive impact on the local and state economies.

Comcast made a smart choice by expanding in Albuquerque for this new
facility, said Mayor Richard J. Berry.  By leveraging our talented
workforce and unparalleled cultural diversity, I am confident that
Comcast will experience great success in our city’s business-friendly
environment.

The state-of-the-art facility, located at 4611 Montbel Place NE, has
best-in-class industry technologies for servicing customers, including a
cafeteria and a fitness center for employees.

Positions will continue to be available with the center, visit
www.jobs.comcast.com  to learn more.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s3986079.shtml

Richard Lowenberg, Executive Director
1st-Mile Institute     505-603-5200