[1st-mile-nm] Cable Franchising

Richard Lowenberg rl at 1st-mile.org
Fri Dec 11 16:27:24 PST 2015

The Comcast cable franchise agreement with Philadelphia
(their corporate home), has been met with much controversy.
However, cable franchising is a critical part of municipal
networking involvement, services and revenue generation.
Few NM communities have leveraged I-Nets, PEG channels or
other appropriate franchise agreements, to date.

Albuquerque is currently in the franchise renewal process
with Comcast.    https://www.cabq.gov/cable-franchise

What other NM cities and towns are also on track to renew?
It would be worthwhile to know of and track other statewide community
cable franchising renewals, schedules and issues, so as to be of help.

RL

--
Richard Lowenberg, Executive Director
1st-Mile Institute     505-603-5200