[1st-mile-nm] NM Jobs Council wants to give business a slice of the broadband pie

Tom Johnson tom at jtjohnson.com
Wed Dec 23 15:03:57 PST 2015

All:

Governments at all levels have often -- regularly -- given subsidies in a
variety of forms to drive economic growth.  Think building of canals,
transcontinental railroad, highways, and other tax forgiveness or rebates.

Has NM government, again at all levels, considered giving long-term (at
least 5 years) broadband access to startups?  After all, it's not as though
such access would be a major consumable.  If the fiber lines are in, what
is the real cost to deliver 50-100g service?

Tom

Sent with MailTrack
<https://mailtrack.io/install?source=signature&lang=en&referral=jtjohnson555@gmail.com&idSignature=22>

Tom Johnson
Institute for Analytic Journalism   --     Santa Fe, NM USA
505.577.6482(c)                                    505.473.9646(h)
Society of Professional Journalists <http://www.spj.org>   -   Region 9
<http://www.spj.org/region9.asp> Director
*Check out It's The People's Data
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Its-The-Peoples-Data/1599854626919671>*