[1st-mile-nm] NM Rural Electric Coop Assoc. article

Luis Reyes lreyes at kitcarson.com
Mon Jun 13 13:44:09 PDT 2016

John,

I think Keven's commentary illustrates the desire for electric
cooperatives to explore the benefits of broadband in rural areas and the
role the cooperative can have including pole attachments.  In defense of
cooperatives and pole attachments we have arrangements with CenturyLink
and Windstream and both have been difficult to work with causing safety
issues, compliance issues and generally non-responsive when issues arise
which places the burden on the cooperative.  Hope this helps.

Luis