[1st-mile-nm] Pole Line Attachment Guide

John Badal JBadal at sacred-wind.com
Mon Feb 6 07:49:19 PST 2017

I feel John Brown's frustration.  We have to deal with the rural electric coops who are even exempted from the FCC's Pole Attachment Order, even more than with municipal owners. The difference we experience from the two is that the municipalities react to attachment requests as if their pole assets can be used as a contribution to broadband expansion while the electric coops see attachments as a revenue generating mechanism and an aged  pole replacement strategy.  Of the 3 coops operating in our service area, two strive to enter the broadband arena themselves and use their pole assets anticompetitively to their advantage.