[1st-mile-nm] How Google Fiber launched in Louisville in just 5 months - TechRepublic

John Brown john at citylinkfiber.com
Thu Oct 19 14:16:35 PDT 2017

Hi Tom,

Correct, City didn't get it, didn't want to get it and wasted LOTS OF
MONEY trying to look like they did something, but didn't.
Look at the wasted $1,000,000 they spent on the fiber mile.  It was
suppose to be open access, neutral, easily usable by ALL
providers.  Don't see any information that is publicly available on
how it works, pricing, etc.  Its all just CyberMesa.

We get around 2 dozen requests a week for service in Santa Fe.  Our
answer is simple:
" We are sorry we don't service Santa Fe.  The reason is your City
Government doesn't actually support competitive and open
access.  The rules, processes and policies they create prohibit new
entrants into the market.  When your City Gov changes its
behavior we would be happy to bring our competitive services to your community."

You can add to the list the City of Albuquerque.   They aren't even
willing to enforce Federal Rules on pole attachment that would
enable Broadband Providers to build out a competitive fiber network.
Yet the City is the steward of the rights of way and they aren't
actually making sure that neutral competitive services can be available.

Then there is the fact that we offered to provide WiFI in all City
Parks FOR FREE.  City of ABQ ignored and didn't do anything with it.

We offered to provided DARK FIBER TO ALL SCHOOLS FOR FREE,  City of
ABQ ignored and didn't take action.
So now ABQ has to spend MILLIONS of rate payer money to get
connectivity for schools.

For most communities fiber is a sound bite that helps with the
election cycle.  Very few communities have the actual intestinal
fortitude
to stand up to the big money from incumbents and create / enforce
policy that Makes America Great.

consumer prices.

10Mb/s  29.95
100Mb/s 49.95
1000Mb/s 79.95

I'm happy to work with any community that actually wants to help build
out a kick butt network.
Unlike others, I actually BUILD and RUN a real live network that has
done all the things I said it would do.!!