[1st-mile-nm] NN Query

Richard Lowenberg rl at 1st-mile.org
Sun Dec 17 09:09:18 PST 2017

Given the amount of 'noise' as well as informative info., for those
who can parse it, I'm personally pleased that we've not had a major
Network Neutrality back-and-forth on this list.

The Benton Foundation has long been a good (biased?) source of info.
for those wanting to follow news aggregation on this and other
tele-networking matters.  https://www.benton.org/headlines

Here's the excerpted conclusion of their long, multi-sourced Friday
report:

"Even before the FCC's Order was released, a number of groups (including
states) promised to challenge it in court."

"The litigation process will not begin today. First, the FCC order will
have to be released and published in the Federal Register. Although FCC
Chairman Pai may want to move fast, that process could take days or
weeks. FCC staff indicated after the FCC's meeting December 14 that the
Office of Management and Budget will have to approve the FCC's new
transparency rule, a process that could take months."

"After suits are filed -- and, seriously, suits will be filed -- it
could take 6 months or longer before a trial begins and another six
months or so before a decision comes down. Whoever loses -- the FCC or
the loyal opposition -- could then appeal the ruling. So this fight will
continue through 2018, possibly (well, likely, actually) becoming an
election issue. All cheer regulatory certainty!"

RL

On 2017-12-16 20:18, Roman Maes III wrote:
> Query;  I was a bit surprised that few if any remarks on Net
> Neutrality camel about from 1st mile communicators .,,yes its great or
> not so great?
>
> Roman Maes BBA, JD
> 619-230-5582
> Roman at romanmaes.com