[1st-mile-nm] IEEE: 5G is in Danger of Being Oversold

Steve Ross editorsteve at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 10:41:38 PST 2018

I have been noting it. Preached it in my Hawk column in the nov/dec issue.
But it will happen because carriers will make more money.

Carriers are already doing this. The national carriers sold their big
towers several years ago. They may own the antennas themselves but even
that is changing outside of cities.

In cities the need will eventually be evident as well, so SDA can allocate
as needed.

This also makes Wall Street happier.  Spreads the cost and widens the
business case possibilities for what will eventually be 25 million
microcells.

Steve Ross