[1st-mile-nm] IEEE: 5G is in Danger of Being Oversold

Steve Ross editorsteve at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 14:41:59 PST 2018

BTW, one person's cross-subsidy is another's avoiding stranded costs. Rural
counties are losing on average more than 1/4% of their population a year. A
coop or tier3 LEC sees survival as a better alternative. I have shown that
a quarter to half of all rural job loss is due to lack of broadband access.
It is by far the BIGGEST source of rural job loss.

I really have a lot of respect and admiration for any broadband deployers,
including the national carriers. But when they can't make a business case
for serving an area they should $%^&% get out of the way of others who
think they might be able to. Instead they buy politicians.

Steve Ross
Editor-at-Large, Broadband Communities Magazine (www.bbcmag.com)
201-456-5933 mobile
707-WOW-SSR3 (707-969-7773) Google Voice
editorsteve (Facebook, LinkedIn)
editorsteve1 (Twitter)
steve at bbcmag.com
editorsteve at gmail.com