[1st-mile-nm] Udall, Gardner Introduce Bill to Put Wi-Fi on School Buses

Jeff jeff at mountainconnect.org
Tue May 29 16:19:52 PDT 2018

This is a very nice gesture but implementing it is another discussion.  I recently looked in to the feasibility of this for a Denver-area school district and the per user cost, content concerns, privacy, etc., all have made this, as of now, untenable and cost prohibitive.  Deployment models, along with licensing construct, have yet to be defined and there are not enough active deployments to model after.  I hope they can find a way to make this work as it may solve homework issues for many rural students but I also wonder what impact this may have on the funding of other E-Rate networks, etc.?

Jeff