[1st-mile-nm] COMMISSIONER ROSENWORCEL ANNOUNCES AVAILABILITY OF MODEL AGREEMENTS FOR SMALL CELL DEPLOYMENT

Richard Lowenberg rl at 1st-mile.org
Thu Jun 28 10:36:51 PDT 2018

I am posting the following FCC notice, as Commissioner Jessica
Rosenworcel will be meeting with Congressman Luján and others in Santa
Fe tomorrow (Fri.).
RL

-------

https://www.fcc.gov/document/rosenworcel-announces-availability-small-cell-model-agreements

COMMISSIONER JESSICA ROSENWORCEL ANNOUNCES AVAILABILITY OF MODEL
AGREEMENTS FOR SMALL CELL DEPLOYMENT

WASHINGTON, June 27th, 2018:
“Right now, policymakers across the country are focused on strengthening
American infrastructure.  That effort includes roads, bridges, and
broadband networks that support 5G wireless services.
That’s vital—because to be first to a 5G future, we need to focus as
much on the ground as on the skies.  But figuring out how to deploy 5G
infrastructure—which puts a premium on small cells—is a big task.  It
means acknowledging that we have a legal tradition of local control in
this country but also recognizing that more streamlined and uniform
practices can help speed deployment.
Our cities are important partners in this effort.  That’s why today I am
making available model agreements for small cell and 5G deployment
negotiated by the City of San Jose and approved last night by the San
Jose City Council.  Through these agreements, carriers will benefit from
streamlined access to thousands of city-owned poles for their small cell
deployments.  In turn, carriers will fund a decade long effort to help
close the digital divide in San Jose, where more than 95,000 residents
still lack access to broadband Internet service at home.
I thank Mayor Sam Liccardo for his leadership, and I share his hope that
these agreements can inform the work of cities and towns nationwide to
support universal broadband deployment and expand the civic and
commercial opportunities of the digital age.”
Attachments:
MODEL 1
Document A:    Master Non-Exclusive Installation and Property Use
Agreement
Document B:    Funding and Reimbursement Agreement
Document C:    First Amendment to Master Non-Exclusive Installation and
Property Use Agreement
Document D:    Staff Memorandum re: Approval of Actions Related to an
Amendment and a   Funding and Reimbursement Agreement Related to the
Permitting of Small Cells on City Owned Assets in the Public Right of
Way

MODEL 2
Document E:   First Amendment to Master Non-Exclusive Installation and
Property Use Agreement
Document F:   Funding and Reimbursement Agreement
Document G:  Staff Memorandum re: Approval of Actions Related to an
Amendment and a Funding and Reimbursement Agreement Related to the
Permitting of Small Cells on City Owned Assets in the Public Right of
Way

Richard Lowenberg, Executive Director
1st-Mile Institute     505-603-5200
Box 8001, Santa Fe, NM 87504,