[1st-mile-nm] CenturyLink is DOWN, can't even create a ticket

John Brown john at citylinkfiber.com
Thu Dec 27 15:45:06 PST 2018

For their DWDM / Optical Transport network to break in this fashion
limits the possible root causes.

Of course when the DWDM Optical network craters, then there is an
issue with the OSI Layer 3 IP Network side
and their own internal networks.     I don't expect this to get
resolved for at least another 12 to 24 hours :(
The SLA credits that will be written are going to be HUGE.   Maybe
they need the expense for this fiscal quarter :|

Updates from one of our carrier partners

QUOTE
We are still chasing the partner and the update remains the same that
the circuits are affected due to Nation wide outage.

We would like to tell you that Tickets are being escalated and are
promptly chased with our partner for updates , but unfortunately still
the issue is yet to be isolated by our partner and the outage is
affecting multiple customers.

More updates to follow soon.

END QUOTE

>>> 1st-mile-nm at mailman.dcn.org