[Backerfootballboard] Solicitation letter

Lisa Nelson lnel at pacbell.net
Wed Feb 13 15:25:02 PST 2008

To all of you who have expressed interest in helping with the Crab Feed here is the new solicitation letter (written below as well as attached).   As always, your comments/edits are appreciated.    The Corporate Sponsorship Form it mentions will come later today, after I iron out a couple of things.

Davis Blue Devil Football Backers

P.O. Box 4194

Davis, CA  95617-4194

Tax ID Number  68-0380878

February 15, 2008

Dear Blue Devil Supporter:

RE:   Donation to the Davis High School Football Program

The Davis Blue Devil High School Football Program is dedicated to building character, discipline, and athletic skills in the 100+ student-athletes on the team.  The Davis Blue Devil Football Backers support the football program through a variety of activities that provide team-building and funding for each class level.  Your contributions will go toward various aspects of the program's pre- and post-season expenses including training camps, equipment, uniforms, coach stipends, transportation, and financial assistance for some players.

We're excited to announce that the Davis Blue Devil Football Backers are busily planning for our 2nd Annual Crab & Shrimp Feed.   This very special event is happening Saturday, April 19th, at the Veteran's Memorial Center in Davis.   We would like you to attend.  Corporate sponsorship of the football team includes tickets to the Crab & Shrimp dinner as well as advertising in our game programs, and other benefits described on the enclosed document.

If you are unable to attend, we truly appreciate your support through financial donations, and/or auction items such as gift certificates, products or services, or personal items such as sporting event tickets.   Additionally, you may purchase your ad space or your game day field banners all at the same time.

The 2008 Crab & Shrimp Feed is a key fundraiser for this year.   We sincerely hope we can count on your support.   Please send the most generous gift you can by April 10th to the address above.  For more information, or to arrange for pick up of an item, please contact Mark or Lisa Nelson by phone at (530) 753-9512 or by email at Lnel at pacbell.net

Thank you in advance and GO BLUE DEVILS!

Mark & Lisa Nelson, Co-Presidents

Davis Blue Devil Football Backers