[Backerfootballboard] Player Plaques

MARK NELSON dcesp_nelson at msn.com
Tue Nov 4 11:09:50 PST 2008

In advance of next Tuesday's board meeting and to let everybody mull things over, we (Lisa and I..yes, occasionally we agree on something) want to deobligate most of the money set aside for player awards (i.e. plaques).  At $22 per plaque for varsity and $12 per for JV and Frosh, we're looking at close to a $2,000 expense.  Frankly, whether the cost is $22, $12, or even $2, we think it's time for the Backers to stop funding this AYSO'esqe type tradition.  Our position is supported by Coach Gazzaniga (sometimes even he agrees with us on an issue) as well who indicated that players would receive a certificate and football pin, and on the varsity level, their varsity letter.  Coaches would also present a few individual/team awards, and the Backers could pay for those.