backers Blue Devil Alumni Requests

Nancy McTygue njmctygue at ucdavis.edu
Wed Nov 6 08:01:47 PST 2013

Dear Backer Board,

Please find below three messages that came in yesterday to the gmail account.  Perhaps we can discuss the first two at next week's meeting unless folks have thoughts now?  I told each of them I would forward on to all of you.

Best, Nancy
------------------------

>From Steve Smyte (also copied in Marc, Dennis, and Rich):

Hi Devil Nation,
On 2 occasion we have put out a call to help former players/coaches when their life circumstances have changed. In both circumstances Devil Nation responded to the call and helped them get jobs or find a place to live. Shayne has had a similar situation occur to him. He needs a job so that he can pay rent and hopefully make enough to go back to school. Please let me know If anyone knows of any opportunities. My email is ssmyte at djusd.net<mailto:ssmyte at djusd.net>

-------------------

>From Marcus Charles:

Hi, my name is Marcus Charles, I'm a current student at Sacramento city college. I also played football at DHS so I was already familiar with the backers. I was wondering if there were any events that someone could possibly volunteer for and the requirements for volunteering if the backers offer volunteer services. I appreciate you taking the time to look at it and hope to hear back.

------------------------

>From John Griffiths (also copied in Marc and Dennis):

Hi Coaches,
This Sunday, November 10th from 12:00 to 4:00 PM at Central Park, the DJBD will be having their end of the year party.  This is really a food feast where we grill TRI -TIP on the huge Firefighters grill. (really good eats)  We thank all the volunteers, send the midgets off to DHS and begin recruiting board members & players.  Please invite your coaching staffs and any former DJBD football player

Hope to see you all on Sunday

Nancy McTygue, Executive Director
The California History-Social Science Project
University of California, Davis
530.752.0572
http://chssp.ucdavis.edu
http://historyblueprint.org