backers Brochure Feedback

Debbie Shoup debbie at casetrakker.com
Thu Feb 13 22:28:32 PST 2014

Hi Nancy,

Wow, thank you so much for putting all this together, especially with your being on a work trip and all!  Beautiful!

I agree with Trish about moving the heads and tails to the end.  How about something like this?
5:30       cocktails and appetizers
6:15       welcome by Rich Riffle, Backer Board President and John Wiley, Varsity Head Coach
6:30       dinner is served
7:30       close silent
7:30       cake auction
7:45       live auction
8:15       heads & tails

I like your "thank you for coming" and "join our team" notes, those are so nicely written.

Love the crab picture.  Do we print the programs in color?

I think "Veterans' Memorial" should probably be "Veterans' Memorial Center" on the front page.

Can we add a shout-out to the crab feed sponsors?  Maybe add their logo like in the 2011 brochure?  Yvette, do you have the official list of who has donated?

*        Gold Standard Diagnostics

*        Yolo Federal Credit Union

*        Morse family?

*        Anyone else?

Here is the dessert auction listing along with Natalie's comments.  I hear that Nancy gal makes a great cake! :)
1) Amy Slavich -- Chocolate Sour Cream Bundt cake (hopefully she will still do this as she is recovering from a knee injury)-

2) Mary Bodendorfer -- Nugget Cake

3) Yvette Roberson -- Rum cake (rum infused cake with rum frosting)

4) Karen Sprague -- Chocolate Cake with a Raspberry Chambord filling and chocolate frosting topped with fresh raspberries

5) Nancy McTygue -- Almost Fallen Chocolate Cake

                          New York Cheese Cake

                          Orange Spice Cake

                          Chocolate Satin Pie (possibly)

6) Helena Allison-Goodison -- Kahlua Cake

7) Goodison Family -- Grandma Goody Brownies

8) Bonnie Fisher -- Gluten Free Chocolate Nemesis Dessert

9) Natalie Beckman -- (?? hopefully I can come up with something to make ??)

I think it is a really great sales plug to list the silent auction items.  Here's the list:

*        Necklace set

*        Exercise basket

*        Zenso Certificate

*        Carpenter for a day

*        Home movie basket

*        Dorm room basket

*        El Macero Golf

*        Entrada at Snow Canyon Golf

*        Westin Mission Hills Resort & Spa Golf

*        Yocha Dehe Golf

*        Marin Country Club Golf

*        Classic Club Golf

*        Silver Creek Valley Country Club

*        DHS Football Dog Basket

*        Get Fit basket

*        Blue Devil Birthday Party

*        Zen Toro Sushi Certificate

*        Pizza for a Year from Steve's Pizza

*        A Day at the Lake

*        "The All Nighter"  Basket

*        Irish musical entertainment

*        Football cooler

*        Symposium gift certificate and wine

*        Day of golf and dinner with the Head Varsity Coach John Wiley

*        Thomas Kinkade picture

*        Jewelry from Stella and Dot

*        Basket from Young's Market

*        Haircut/style by Elizabeth Quesada

*        6 bottle mixed wine basket

*        Scrap booking basket

Thanks, Debbie

Debbie Shoup