[Davis Democrats] FW: WA state recount: 42 votes from victory.

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Wed Dec 1 17:36:49 PST 2004

----------
From: "Democratic Party" <democraticparty at democrats.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 07:10:08 -0500
To: "John Chendo" <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: WA state recount: 42 votes from victory.

Dear John,

I need your immediate help. You've probably heard about the extremely close
race for governor here in Washington. Only 42 votes separate my opponent and
me, and thousands of ballots across the state haven't been counted.

This is by far the closest race in the history of our state, and one of the
closest the nation has ever seen. That means we must make sure that every
single legitimate ballot has been counted -- and that means a statewide
manual recount of every vote.

Washington state law requires the party requesting the recount to pay for
it, and it will cost at least $750,000. The Democratic Party is committed to
this recount, but they need your immediate donation today to make it happen.
Please give today.

https://www.democrats.org/support/
<https://www.democrats.org/support/wa_recount.html>

Let me put this race in a little more perspective. Out of nearly 3 million
votes cast, only 42 votes separate my Republican opponent and me. That's a
difference of 0.0014 percent. The error for voting machines is somewhere
between 1 and 2 percent, or 1,000 times as great as the vote difference.

That means that this race is tied, and anything is possible with a manual
recount. We must count every vote individually, and we can't do it without
you.

https://www.democrats.org/support/
<https://www.democrats.org/support/wa_recount.html>

Do not let this election slip through our fingers. We are only 42 votes away
from victory in Washington, and we are confident that once all the votes are
counted, we will win this race. Please help us reach this urgent goal by
making a donation today!

https://www.democrats.org/support/
<https://www.democrats.org/support/wa_recount.html>

Sincerely,
Chris Gregoire

Not a Subscriber?
To sign up for news and action alerts from the Democratic Party, enter your
email address in the form below.

You can also use this link to sign up.
<http://www.democrats.org/newaccount/newaccount.html>

Paid for and authorized by the Democratic National Committee,
www.democrats.org <http://www.democrats.org/> . This communication is not
authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

Contributions or gifts to the Democratic National Committee are not
deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes.

Click here to unsubscribe from this mailing list.