[Davis Democrats] Davis Democrat Club meeting on Monday, July 5th

G Richard Yamagata PhD yamagata at virtual-markets.net
Mon Jul 5 05:39:14 PDT 2004

Greetings All,

This e-mail is from the Davis Democrat Club e-mailing list.

This e-mail contains a letter from Kingsley Melton, Vice President of the
Davis Democrat Club on behalf of all of the officers:

July 1, 2004

Dear Member:

The Davis Democratic Club would like to announce a few major changes to our
meeting structure. In an effort to respect every member's time and to
accommodate our growing attendance, the Club's officers have decided to
implement a more structured format for our monthly meetings.

Due to the numerous projects that the club is involved in during
presidential elections cycles, agenda items will now have an assigned time
limit. Each agenda item will have one assigned presenter, and will be
followed by a question and answer section by Club members.

Arun Sen, DDC member, has graciously agreed to donate his experience as a
parliamentarian to our club.  He has experience in this role, serving in
Yolo County Commissions.  Mr. Sen will serve as a neutral third party to
help with the transition of meeting styles.

Any member may request an item be placed on the agenda. To request an item,
a member must submit that item to a club officer. Any member who wishes to
address the club regarding a matter that is not on the agenda will have
opportunity to do so during the "Unfinished Business" section of the meeting.

In changing the meeting structure, we do not want to eliminate the social
aspects of the club. With our new headquarters at 509 L Street, we encourage
everyone to show up to meetings early and stay late. We will do our best to
provide food, drink and anything else that creates an environment where
like-minded Democrats can safely and openly share thoughts and ideas.

Organization is the key to victory in November. We are confident that these
changes will help create the conditions for the greatest Democratic voter
turnout this area has ever seen.

Thank you for your ongoing support,

Davis Democratic Club Officers