[Davis Democrats] Misunderstandings about the newsletter

Daniel Kehew dekehew at ucdavis.edu
Sat Jun 5 01:44:37 PDT 2004

Hello all --

Quick comment, with more detail to come in the next newsletter:

The May issue was a one time, speed driven effort. My bottom
line was producing something more than a simple flyer, but
getting across the important information (particularly regarding
Kerry Campaign donations) and the date/contact info for early
June events. It needed to look good enough to be used by Beat
Bush 2004 tabling efforts. It needed to be in mailboxes in May.

The June issue is already in progress. It will be bigger,
including the ads and donor info that were sacrificed for both
speed and space in May. The June News will focus on Mike
Machado's campaign, the Air America radio network and its new
Sacramento affiliate, and other sources of progressive "fuel"
that proud liberals can reference when they need to stoke the
fire. We'll improve the graphic content. And I promise to use
entirely correct phone numbers (sorry Betty!).

If something stands out to you in the newsletter, good or bad,
let me know. Anything sent to the HQ will get to me. My phone
number and email address are in each issue. Thanks in advance!

-- Dan K.