[Davis Democrats] Other events submitted to this list

G Richard Yamagata PhD yamagata at virtual-markets.net
Thu Jun 24 01:38:17 PDT 2004

Greetings All,

Please do not forget the Fundraiser for Congressman Mike Thompson at Raley
Field scheduled for this Sunday, June 27th from 3:30PM until the end of the
River Cats game.  There is a barbeque buffet.  This event is a substitute
event for the yearly club and central committee gathering to watch the River
Cats.  Details can be found at the club web site:
http://www.yvm.net/vme/democrats/

Please contact Tony Gruska to sign up to volunteer at the club booth in the
park on July 4th.  Tony can be reached at rjgruska at pacbell.net or 759-0428.
We are still looking for volunteers to man the booth and help with set-up
and take down.  Set-up is at 11AM and takedown is when the booth runs out of
drink to dispense or 5:30PM.

A new event is a Fundraiser tri-tip barbeque on July 17, at 5:30 PM at the
Elks Lodge at 300 Bush Street in Woodland.  This event is in support of the
Yolo County Veterans organization that is trying to raise money to purchase
a new van.  The van will be used to shuttle veterans to and from their
medical and other appointments.  This event is supported by Democrat and
county supervisor Frank Seiferman Jr., who informed me and kindly sent
information for this event.  Please join Jerry Kaneko, Teresa, myself and
others that are attending in support of the veterans that live in Yolo
County.  I am told that the Davis Chapter of the Odd Fellows donated $500
and that the price of tickets has subsequently dropped in price.  The food
is plentiful and excellent and I encourage all to attend that enjoy a good
tri-tip dinner.  Please contact Democrat and Davis city council member Ted
Puntillo <tedpuntillo at prodigy.net> for tickets and other event details.

Lastly, the California Democrat Party is encouraging all to go out on Friday
to view Michael Moore's Farenheit 9/11.  The local BeatBush2004 group in
Davis is selling t-shirts and organizing volunteers to view the movie
downtown at the 11:30am and the 7:30pm showings.  Visit their web site,
http://www.yolobeatbush2004.com for details.

Tickets are now being sold for Friday.
The movie is playing at the Signature Theatres Stadium 5, 420 G Street,
Davis, CA
The Fahrenheit 9/11 (R, 116 min.) movie times are:
11:35am | 2:10pm | 4:50pm | SOLD OUT 7:30pm SOLD OUT | 10:10pm

Please note I went down to the theater and was told that the 11:35am and
10:10pm viewing times are rapidly selling and should be gone by Thursday
Afternoon.  The 7:30pm showing was already sold out.  Mike Syvanen, myself
and other friends will be in line for the 10:10pm showing.  Try to join us.

That is all for now,

Ry

G Richard Yamagata  PhD
CEO/President   VME Inc.   http://www.vme.net/
========================== The Virtual Markets =============================
Visit The Woodland Opera House
at:  http://www.vme.net/opera/
Davis Virtual Market - http://virtual-markets.net/vme/
Fresno - http://vme.net/fvm/   Rochester, NY - http://vme.net/rvm/
Sacramento - http://virtual-markets.com/svm/  Vacaville - http://vme.net/vvm/
Woodland  - http://vme.net/wvm/
"Pet, Vets, You, and Dr.Sue - http://vme.net/dvm/DrSue/
G Richard Yamagata is a member of the Davis Community Network Board of
Directors, secretary of the board of the Davis Democrat Club, president of the
board of Virtual Market Enterprises, Inc, member of the board of the Business
Link of Woodland and Davis, and communications liason of the Independent Order
of Oddfellows chapter 169.
The thoughts expressed are my own and do not reflect the policies or opinions
of DVM, FVM, GVM, RVM, WVM, VVM, VME Inc, DDC, DCN, BLWD, or IOOF.