[Davis Democrats] FW: VFP - Vet Day Protest

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Thu Nov 11 23:53:20 PST 2004

----------
From: jack <jackt at rcsis.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:40:11 -0800
To: jack <jackt at rcsis.com>
Subject: Fwd: VFP - Vet Day Protest

From: "George Main" <maing at pacbell.net>
To: "VFP Sacramento" <VFPSacramento at pacbell.net>
Subject: VFP - Vet Day Protest
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 10:39:21 -0800

Wow, what an incredible event.  75 dedicated stalwarts of peace standing for
two hours in pouring rain.  I was so impressed with the gathering today.
This wasn't the ideal day for a protest at a remote location.

Yesterday at 9:00 a.m. I received a call from Homeland Security about the
protest.  I said that I expected a couple of dozen protestors.

This morning I was disheartened by more rain than I expected.  I was hoping
we would get at least a dozen hardy souls.

75 protestors and exceptional media coverage.  MEPS is on the map and in the
consciousness of Sacramento media.  KCRA and The Bee both called me later to
confirm that we will be back on a weekly basis for counter-recruiting and
protesting in general.

Major Donald M. Farnsworth, Jr. knows we were there.  And he knows we will
be back.

Albert Silva, Secretary VFP#87, is coordinating the weekly lunchtime
protest.  His email is albertsilva1 at covad.net mailto:albertsilva1 at covad.net
and his phone # is 375-0828.

Volunteer some lunchtime.  This is the frontline.  The difference you make
here is immediate and profound.

Some of you know that I received a call when we were marching out to the
corner.  It was a young lady who had enlisted in the Marines and knew she
had made a mistake.  She was distressed and wanted our help in getting out
of her enlistment.

Krista is a 17 year-old JFK HS student and a victim of the poverty draft.
Her contract is Delayed Entry Program.  There is some work to be done but
she won't have to become a Marine.

Krista validated the oppressive examination and enlistment process at MEPS.
She also validated what happens at lunch and the difference we could have
made had we stepped in her path on her fateful day.

George

Again, please, forward this email.  We need to get Albert's info to everyone
who wants to volunteer.
Jack Tracey
Placer County Coordinator
Veterans for Kerry
Roseville, CA
jackt at rcsis.com

Title and Organization listed for identification purposes only.

Contribute to Defeat Bush -- Elect John Kerry as President:
http://volunteer.johnkerry.com/member/272189