[Davis Democrats] The Governor is Playing Politics with Your Tax Dollars - Take Action Today!

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Sun Apr 10 14:33:54 PDT 2005

Dear Friend,

Did you know that Governor Schwarzenegger wants to hold a
special election that will cost California taxpayers $70 million
this year?

That's right, Arnold is planning to call a special election to
pass so-called reforms that will do nothing to balance the
budget, invest in transportation, or increase educational
opportunities - and he wants to use our tax dollars to pay for
it!

I just found a great way to tell Arnold that I don't want him to
spend $70 million on a special election. Will you join me and
send Arnold a message?

Take Action!
Click here to tell Arnold to call off his plans for a special
election.
http://ga4.org/campaign/angelides_specialelection_petition

Instead of doing the job he was elected to do and submitting a
balanced budget, the Governor is picking political fights to
divert attention away from the real issues.

According to the Los Angeles Times:

The empty rhetoric and posturing are bad enough, but a special
election would cost taxpayers as much as $70 million. And it's
mostly unnecessary...Crude, unnecessary ballot initiatives
intended to show who's boss will only make things worse.
- Los Angeles Times editorial, 3/27/05

Don't let Arnold play political games with your tax dollars and
take California in the wrong direction - take action today.

Click here to send your message.
http://ga4.org/campaign/angelides_specialelection_petition

After you send your message, please be sure to invite your
friends to join you and send a message to Arnold. Let's show him
that playing politics with your tax dollars won't work in
California.

Thanks,

http://ga4.org/campaign/angelides_specialelection_petition?rk=upzNyg51RBVzW