[Davis Democrats] Davis Democrat Club board meeting on Wednesday, Feburary 16

G Richard Yamagata PhD yamagata at virtual-markets.net
Sun Feb 13 23:52:26 PST 2005

Greetings Davis Democrat Club Boardmembers,

The agenda is on the bottom of this e-mail.  This is a preliminary agenda
and it can change.

There will be a Davis Democrat Club board meeting on Wednesday, February
16th at 8PM in the Blanchard Room of the Davis Branch of the Yolo County
Library.  The address is 315 East 14th Street. Please note -- the time that
was previously release was in error.  The meeting time is 8 to 9 PM, which
is when we regularly meet.

Please note that any Davis Democrat Club member is welcome to attend the
meetings.  We normally have at least 1 to 2 guests per meeting.  We have
never had a meeting without someone from the public in attendance.  I was
told that at the last meeting we still had over 20 people in attendance.

If you have any suggestions for the agenda, please send them to Kingsley,
Tony, or me via the list.  There should be a final agenda sent out on
Sunday, February 13th.  Please also be aware that someone will be
telephoning the board members to remind them of the meeting, probably Betty
Weir.  I have already received some unofficial input from other DDC board
members on this preliminary agenda.

Thank you for your attention,

Richard

        Davis Democratic Club Meeting Agenda
                February 16th, 8 pm -  9 pm
     Democratic Headquarters, 509 L Street, Davis

I.  Introduction   (8 minutes)
        i.   Introduction again of new meeting guidelines
        ii.  Approval of Agenda
        iii. Approval of Minutes for December meeting
        iv.  Minutes from other clubs and campus Democrats

II.  Treasurer's Report     (4 minutes)

III. Valentines General Membership meeting and event  (7 minutes)
        i.   Report about finances
        ii.  Report about event

IV.  April General Membership meeting  (7 minutes)
        i.   Report about last event, 2 year ago
        ii.  Appoint a chair for this year
            (Kingsley is incharge until this is done according to the by-laws).

V.   Champagne Brunch  (7 minutes)
        i.   Report about last year's event
        ii.  Appoint a chair for this year

VI.  Content of the Next Newsletter (6 minutes)
        i.   Update by Current Editor
        ii.  Story ideas

VII. Preliminary draft of the new by-laws  (8 minutes)
       ( Members of subcommittee are:  Rich P.,  John Chendo,  Mike S.,
       Arun S., Betty, Richard and Tony.)

VIII.  New and Unfinished Business (12 minutes)
        i.	Announcements- upcoming events
        ii. Items for next meeting
iii.	Next Meeting Time/Location
        iv. Meeting adjournment