[Davis Democrats] Davis Democrat Club board meeting on January 12

G Richard Yamagata PhD yamagata at virtual-markets.net
Tue Jan 11 15:17:50 PST 2005

Greetings Davis Democrat Club Boardmembers,

First, I was exposed to the stomache flu, yesterday at dinner.  The
incubation period is 36 to 72 hours before symptoms appear.  It was make
your own carnitas, using your hands, shred the meat by hand, put the
toppings on from common bowls by hand, etc., and there is no way that I am
not going to come down with this.  Three of the people (one child, two
adults) I had dinner with are barfing with high fevers as I write this.  The
only good thing is that the fever and nausea last only 24 hours, but you are
infectious for 5 days.  This is why I really hate eating with children these
days.

So, someone will have to take notes at the meeting tomorrow.  I
theoretically could come to the meeting, but have been told not to chance
infecting people at the meeting.  You need to ingest the virus, so
theoretically I could only infect people if they ate or licked their hands
after shaking hands with me, but there is no use taking the chance, I am told.

One Day Notice.
There will be a Davis Democrat Club board meeting on Wednesday, January 12th
at 7PM in the Blanchard Room of the Davis Branch of the Yolo County Library.
The address is 315 East 14th Street.

Please note that any Davis Democrat Club member is welcome to attend the
meetings.  We normally have at least 1 to 2 guests per meeting.  We have
never had a meeting without someone from the public in attendance.  At the
last meeting we had 5 guests.

The club by-laws say that people cannot miss 3 meetings in a row without an
excuse.

There is going to be a February 12th General Meeting.  We will discuss the
details.

If you have any suggestions for the agenda, please send them to Kingsley,
Tony, or me via the list.  There should be a final agenda sent out on
Sunday, January 8th.  Please also be aware that someone will be telephoning
the board members to remind them of the meeting, probably Betty Weir.  I
have already received some unofficial input from other DDC board members on
this preliminary agenda.

Please find below the location and time for the next meeting:

DDC Board Meeting
Time: 7 PM to 8:04 PM
Place: Blanchard Room of the Davis Branch of the Yolo County Library.
                315 East 14th Street.

Please find the preliminary agenda below.

Preliminary Agenda -- this is only a preliminary agenda.  The agenda will
change as it is worked on by the President and Vice President.

        Davis Democratic Club Meeting Agenda
                January 12, 7 pm - 8pm
     Place: Blanchard Room of the Davis Branch of the Yolo County Library.
                315 East 14th Street.

I.  Introduction   (3 minutes -- usually takes 2 minutes)
        i.	Approval of Agenda
        ii.	Approval of Minutes for past meetings: none pending
                December 6th minutes will be handed out.
                ( http://yvm.net/vme/democrats/newsletter.htm The Newsletter
page )
        iii.	Minutes from other clubs and campus Democrats
                (usually no one shows up from these groups.  Lyle Smith or
Rich can be asked to speak about the other town Democrat organizations.)

II.  Treasurer's Report     (5 minutes)

III.  The DDC Holiday Party (10 minutes)
        i.	Report from chairs on this event (post event analysis)

IV.   The Winter General Meeting on February 12 (7 minutes)
        i.	Report on last year's event
        ii.     Ideas for this year.
        ii.	Appointment of chairs for 2005 Winter events.

V.    Content of the Next Newsletter (6 minutes)
        i.	Update by Current Editor
        ii.	Story ideas

VI.   Progress of By-laws committee (6 minutes)
        i.	Discussion of changes
        ii.	Progress on elimination of board members
                (no resignations were approved at the last meeting by the board)

VII.  New and Unfinished Business (24 minutes)
        i.	New items
        ii.     Continued discussion about fundraising and events post "Beat
Bush" (15 minutes)
        iii.	Announcements
        iv.	Next Meeting Time/Location
        v.	Meeting adjournment