[Davis Democrats] Public financing working committee formed by CDC

CalifDems at aol.com CalifDems at aol.com
Tue Jan 4 13:25:44 PST 2005

This message may be forwarded to interested Democrats....

Happy new year Democrats!

While we cannot forget some of 2004's national results, we California
Democrats must continue to work on efforts at home to keep our Party organizing and
moving forward.

To that end, I am creating a California Democratic Council (CDC) adhoc
committee on the public financing of campaigns.  This committee will be responsible
to review the public financing systems of Maine, Arizona and elsewhere, while
also reviewing the proposal(s) for public financing submitted to California's
State Legislature last term and this term.  Assemblywoman Loni Hancock is
planning to submit a new bill over the weeks ahead.

Any Democrat may serve on this ad hoc Public Financing committee, provided
you are a member of an affiliated Democratic club or county committee.

The recommendations of the Public Financing committee will be provided
directly to CDC's Board and/or Executive Committee for action.  I am asking the
Public Financing committee to provide its first report by the end of February.

If you are interested in this topic, please e-mail me your name, your primary
Democratic club and your contact info.  Most discussions will occur via CDC
listserv.

Thank you for your interest in public financing and for your willingness to
be involved in this important discussion!

Best Democratic regards,
Chris Stampolis
President
California Democratic Council