[Davis Democrats] Democratic Party organizing in red states-under Chair Howard Dean

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Thu Jun 2 12:15:57 PDT 2005

----------
From: "Tom McMahon" <democraticparty at democrats.org>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 12:17:48 -0500
To: "John Chendo" <jac07 at dcn.davis.ca.us>
Subject: You asked for it

Dear John,

Today I'm meeting with the first set of organizers you have hired. They're
in Washington for workshops this week. Saturday they will head home to West
Virginia and get to work.

Each of them has put together a short bio for you -- take a look, because
you made this possible:

http://www.democrats.org/50statestrategy
<http://redir.democrats.org/rdr/0032501GgR0004T>

You blew past last week's $250,000 fundraising goal in just 48 hours --
surprising Governor Dean and everyone else. That made it possible to add a
fifth state (Kansas) to the four new ones announced last week.

Governor Dean challenged Democrats across the country to push that goal to
$500,000 by Friday this week -- that's tomorrow. If we reach it together, we
can get the ball rolling this week in another batch of four more states.

You will have more than tripled the program -- adding nine new states in two
weeks. And it will have happened with small donations that have outpaced
anything the Democratic Party has seen in an off-year between elections.

Let's do it:

http://www.democrats.org/challenge
<http://redir.democrats.org/rdr/0032501GgR0004U>

A lot of folks responded to Governor Dean's message last week asking for a
way to track the progress of your fundraising. As you can see, there's a
graphic on the right with the total -- it will be updated every hour so that
you can see the difference you're making by contributing and spreading the
word. And we'll be tracking the progress on the web site.

Your small donations are moving this program so fast that it's hard to keep
up. The staff is working around the clock to get the pieces in place to get
started in the new states you fund today and tomorrow.

Growing our party from the ground up in every single state will be hard work
-- but it's absolutely necessary if we're going to build the long-term
capacity to win in all 50 states.

It's up to you -- can we get started in another four this week?

Thank you for everything.

Sincerely,

Tom McMahon
Executive Director

Not a Subscriber?
To sign up for news and action alerts from the Democratic Party, enter your
email address in the form below.

You can use this link to sign up.
<http://redir.democrats.org/rdr/0032501GgR0004W>

Paid for and authorized by the Democratic National Committee,
www.democrats.org <http://redir.democrats.org/rdr/0032501GgR0004X> . This
communication is not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

Contributions or gifts to the Democratic National Committee are not
deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes.

Click here to unsubscribe from this mailing list.