[Davis Democrats] Campaign Training

Lyle Smith lyleasmith at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 3 09:35:20 PDT 2005

Fellow Activists and Organizers:

Steve Ybarra will be conducting campaign training on Saturday June 4th in Woodland. The training promises to be an intense seven hours that will give you the tools needed to win in battleground areas where Republicans normally claim elections.

Ybarra is the Pacific Region Chair of the Hispanic Caucus for the National Democratic Committee. I consider him to be one of the best consultants the Democratic Party has.  He has gotten Democrats elected in red states. I incorporate many of Steve’s strategies into my own campaign organizing with proven results.

Among the topics he will be covering are:

   Organizing a strong field campaign.
   Walking and winning in those hard “big dog” precincts.
   Executing a winning vote-by-mail strategy, the key to Democratic victories.
   Creating a successful GOTV effort that puts your candidate in the lead when the returns come in.
   Framing your message. Steve has been doing this for 20 years.
   Developing a three-year plan for your Democratic Club.

We will be working with a brand new voter file (data base) for Woodland, Davis and Yolo County.

If you want to make an immediate difference in your community that will make a positive impact on the upcoming elections from the possibility of a special election this November to the June (local) and November (state) elections in 2006, this is the best training you can take.

Time: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM

Location: 863 Tufts Court, Woodland

Judy & Jim Tischer residence. We’ve used their place for numerous   MoveOn.org events.

Cost: $50 (you keep the training manual.)

For further information, please contact Lyle Smith at 759-9921, home; 902-3205, cell; or lyleasmith at yahoo.com

Keep hope alive!

Lyle Smith
530-795-9921 hm