[Davis Democrats] Barbara Boxer: 3-1 matching funds for DSCC

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Thu Jun 23 12:57:24 PDT 2005

----------
From: "Sen. Barbara Boxer, DSCC" <info at dscc.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:46:45 GMT
To: "john chendo" <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: Stop the Right Wing

Dear john,

As soon as next week, we could be fighting for the future of the Supreme
Court.  According to the Washington Post, Justice William Rehnquist could
retire any time now, setting off the first nomination battle in a decade.
George Bush has promised us more ultraconservative activist judges in the
mold of Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas.

There is no greater threat to our basic civil rights and civil liberties
than a Supreme Court tilted to the extreme.  Your right to breathe clean air
and drink clean water, your right to worker protections, even a woman's
fundamental right to choose - all of this is at stake.

If we're going to put a stop to the right wing plan to take over the Supreme
Court, we simply have to take back the Senate in 2006.  Only the Senate has
the constitutional duty to approve Supreme Court nominations, and only if
Democrats control the Senate can we deny the far right the ability to hand
pick Supreme Court judges.

We can't take back the Senate without your help.  When you make a
contribution to the DSCC, we make sure your dollar goes directly where it is
needed most - to the nation's tightest Senate races.  No other national
party organization contributes directly to Senate candidates.  Only the
DSCC.  Please make a contribution today.

Click here to make a secure contribution of $50, $75, or more

Earlier this week, Senator Durbin told you that the DSCC is working to raise
$500,000 online this quarter.  Your response has been tremendous, but there
is still a long way to go.  The good news is that starting today, my
Democratic colleagues and I will raise three dollars for every dollar you
contribute until we meet our goal.

By putting your own dollar on the line, you prove that you are committed to
taking back the Senate in 2006.  When we pledge to match your contribution
three-to-one, you know that my colleagues and I are just as committed to
preventing a right wing takeover of the Supreme Court.

Click here to make a secure contribution of $50, $75, or more
<https://secure.ga3.org/03/20050623_boxer_dm_2005/nH7zaE761WRec?>

The debate over judicial nominations so far has merely been a warm-up to a
Supreme Court nomination.  We must be prepared for this fight.  The stakes
are too high for Democrats to be caught with our guard down.  With your
help, we will be ready to take back the Senate in 2006, and we will put an
end to the right wing campaign to takeover the Supreme Court.

Sincerely,

Barbara Boxer

P.S.   We also need your help to recruit more supporters for our campaign to
take back the Senate in 2006 and protect the Supreme Court.  Forward this
message to your friends and family today.  Ask them to make a secure online
contribution and help us put a stop the right wing takeover of the Supreme
Court.

Click here to make a secure contribution of $50, $75, or more
<https://secure.ga3.org/03/20050623_boxer_dm_2005/nH7zaE761WRec?>

Paid for by the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, www.dscc.org
<http://www.dscc.org> , and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's
committee.

Visit the web address below to tell your friends about this.
Tell-a-friend!
<http://action.dscc.org/join-forward.html?domain=DSCCSenate&r=H7zaE761WRec>

If you received this message from a friend, you can sign up for DSCC
<http://action.dscc.org/DSCCSenate/join.html?r=H7zaE761WRecE> .