[Davis Democrats] FW: Calls to Congress Needed TODAY: White House Hijacks Patriot Reform

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Thu Nov 17 08:12:26 PST 2005

------ Forwarded Message
From: "Anthony D. Romero, ACLU" <action at dcaclu.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 06:00:38 -0600 (CST)
To: <jac07 at dcn.org>
Subject: Calls to Congress Needed TODAY: White House Hijacks Patriot Reform

ACLU Action Network

>From the Desk of Anthony D. Romero
Executive Director, American Civil Liberties Union
Calls to Congress Needed TODAY: White House Hijacks Patriot Reform
http://action.aclu.org/site/R?i=yHUQNO3_7nXnrXMAiI13QQ..

Dear Friends,

Eager for a public success, the Bush Administration has strong-armed
lawmakers into re-drafting a final Patriot Act bill that actually
makes the original law even worse. The new proposals reverse months of
bipartisan negotiations and ignore the growing calls for reform from
across the political spectrum.

A final vote is expected in the House and Senate THIS WEEK, so we need
you to call your Members of Congress as soon as you can.  Take
action now and and tell them to vote NO on the Patriot Act
reauthorization bill!

Your call to Congress is urgently needed.  Americans of every
political stripe want Patriot Act reform and we need to let Congress
know that people across the country are watching this vote.

Click here to take Action Now at:
http://action.aclu.org/site/R?i=qBXEg6q-vMVsUou6O9-p2Q..

Or, click here to read more:
http://action.aclu.org/site/R?i=B1eA99EEpMF1yO9HRafY_Q..

Then, tell a friend:
http://action.aclu.org/site/R?i=knKFAYAoF2kN3bhdzNZaIA..

Thank you for standing up for freedom.

Sincerely,

Anthony D. Romero
Executive Director
American Civil Liberties Union

P.S. Today Is the Day to Get More Involved

All that is standing between a terrible Patriot Act bill and its
imminent passage are the demands of ordinary freedom-loving
Americans.

Whether or not you normally get involved in politics by writing
and calling your elected officials, now is the time to get involved
and to ask your friends to call as well.

We will need a record number of calls from across
the country to turn the tide, and we are counting not only on
you, but on your family, co-workers and friends to keep Congress'
phone lines ringing nonstop for the rest of the week.

To get others involved, point them to:

action.aclu.org/call

Paste the above web address into your email signature, add
it to your instant messenger profiles, and get the word out
through email lists and message boards.  With your help, freedom
has a chance.

Click here to tell your friends to call Congress NOW!
http://action.aclu.org/site/R?i=EHsX1cXdRoeG0TsiWNOSuQ..

Tell a friend about the ACLU Action Center:
http://action.aclu.org/site/R?i=wXhs6EeuOoESe2qvlB69LQ..

Click the link below to login and change your email preferences:

http://action.aclu.org/site/R?i=o6LP5fDB18mXMQ0hnAGK8w..

You may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time by visiting here:

http://action.aclu.org/site/CO?i=fN0gAHDekgBlCXn0b-sYlau5UpfaJlqN&cid=0