[Davis Democrats] FW: URGENT CA ONLY: Diebold to STEAL Certification Monday morning

John Chendo jac07 at dcn.org
Sun Nov 20 19:48:32 PST 2005

Subject: URGENT CA ONLY: Diebold to STEAL Certification Monday morning

ACTION PAGE: http://www.usalone.com/diebold2.htm

The Secretary of State has scheduled a hearing for November 21, 2005 on the
question of whether certain Diebold voting systems will should be certified
before the end of the year. But "The Secretary of State has disbanded the
Voting Systems Panel that's supposed to conduct these hearings and has
replaced it with one person, a stenographer, and a tape recorder," said
Sherry Healy, a steering committee member of the California Election
Protection Network (CEPN), a non-partisan organization of over 25 groups
across California who have come together to try and ensure the integrity of
California's election systems.

The rally/protest is this Monday in Sacramento, we have ONLY next week to
voice our concerns so they go on the record.

Monday Nov. 21, 10 a.m. - May be your last chance to block Diebold
Secretary of State's Office, 1500 11th Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
(Downtown Sacramento - 11th and "O" Streets)
CONTACT: Dagmar Zakim (415) 389-0250 (there will be carpools)

WE RECEIVED THE FOLLOWING URGENT APPEAL FROM SHERI MYERS

Believe me, I really don't want to ruin your day.  But you need to hear
this.  This is an URGENT ACTION ALERT.

If you don't read this and take action, you are allowing your vote to be
stolen.  California will turn red.

If you read this and do nothing, you are giving up your rights as a citizen.
Do it for your country.  Your children.   Our future.

All Californians who care about the sanctity of their vote must let
Secretary of State McPherson know that they WILL NOT ALLOW him to certify
Diebold machines, that they are OUTRAGED that he is undermining our
democracy.

CALL OR FAX:
Bruce McPherson, Secretary of State
916-653-6814 (main menu, press 6, then 3 - starting at 8:00 am Monday)
916-653-3214 (the FAX is on tis weekend)

McPherson was appointed by Schwarzenegger to replace Democrat Kevin Shelley.
Folks, if they can't win legally, they WILL steal the votes they need.
THAT'S YOUR VOTE.

This is a Republican coup, and they are counting on YOU, and ME to do
NOTHING.   Is it worth FIVE MINUTES OF YOUR TIME to send a FAX, an email or
make a call?  PLEASE TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY.

Please take action NOW, so we can win all victories that are supposed to be
ours, and forward this message to everyone else you know.

If you would like to get alerts like these, you can do so at
http://www.usalone.com/in.htm

Or if you want to cease receiving our messages, just use the function at
http://www.usalone.com/out.htm